Rudolf Steiner School offers financial assistance to qualified students, current and newly admitted, to enable them to receive the benefits of a Waldorf education when families are unable to pay full tuition. We are not able to award full scholarships. Assistance is available in Grades K-12. For information, please reference the Tuition Assistance Application below.
The deadline for submitting all documents is October 30, 2017 for returning families and January 12, 2018 for applicant families. Your request cannot be reviewed until all documents have been received. If your application is not complete by the deadline, and you have not made other arrangements with the Tuition Assistance Committee, you will receive a contract for the full tuition amount. We require that this contract be signed and returned on time in order to guarantee your child a spot in his/her class. There are no Tuition Assistance funds remaining for the 2017-2018 school year.
Since Tuition Assistance funds are limited, your attention to the deadline is critical. A late application could result in the TA Committee being unable to offer tuition assistance for the 2018-2019 school year.
In accordance with our Financial Aid Policy, a completed Tuition Assistance Application consists of the following documents submitted to TADS by the deadline listed above:
Download: Rudolf Steiner Confidential Form
- A TADS Financial Aid Application. →
- A copy of the most recent paystub for each parent and wage earner in the household
- A signed IRS Form 4506-T: Request for a Copy of Transcript of Tax Form
- A copy of your 2015 W2s for each parent and wage earner in the household and your 2015 Federal Income Tax Returns are required with your application. All applicants are also required to submit to the Rudolf Steiner School 2016 Tax Returns by March 1, 2017.
- If you own a business, a copy of your 2015 Corporate Tax Returns are due with your application and 2016 Corporate Tax Returns must be submitted to the school by March 1, 2017.
- Please include in writing any additional information you would like us to take into consideration.
***Please note that all awards are conditional and will only be finalized upon receipt of 2016 Tax Information.***
Any Tuition Assistance grants for the 2017-2018 school year will be offered provided your child remains in the good academic and social standing that is expected of all students, and all tuition owed has been paid by the end of June 2017. If either of these conditions is not met, any assistance offered may be reduced or withdrawn.
Financial assistance is funded by general operating income. On principle, with the goal of achieving socio-economic diversity, the school has usually committed approximately 17-20% of its operating budget to financial aid. As a result, Rudolf Steiner School is not always able to meet 100% of need that TADS recommends. In addition, the maximum award Rudolf Steiner School is able to give may not exceed 80% of the total tuition for Grades K-12.
We are happy to help you if you have any questions or need assistance filling out the forms. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any member of the Business Office. You may email George Holzer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.